Families in Need"Ask, and it shall be given you."
We’re Here to Help
It is a sad reality that there are many people who go without food because they are unable to provide themselves the nourishment their bodies require. This hardship affects the health and wellbeing of all those affected physically, mentally, and financially. In South Carolina, this issue doesn’t just affect our adults and seniors, but our children’s health is also at risk.
We hope to break this downward spin by doing our small part where we can here in South Carolina. We achieve this by administering our program which provides processed (ground), frozen meat to food banks throughout our state.
In 2009, in an effort to provide to those in need year round, we broadened our horizons significantly by becoming involved with The United Way of the Piedmont’s Gift in Kind Program. This program has allowed us the opportunity to provide needy persons in South Carolina dry goods and sundries which they might not be able to receive without our assistance. We administer this by distributing these goods on a semi-monthly basis.
As of 2017, approximately 1.5 million meals have been provided through this service, along with over 50,000 pounds of dry goods each year thanks to the donations of those involved in our work.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE IN NEED?
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find;
knock, and it will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
We’ve received a lot of help from agencies working closely with individuals and families in need. You may contact any of the following agencies to start the qualification process. Since these agencies are networked there is a screening process to prevent duplicate applications for assistance. Please work with a single agency for your needs. Click on any of the highlighted links for more information.
- Church of God Cowpens Food Bank
- Cannons Camp Ground United Methodist Church
- John Smiths Hill
- Emmanuel Full Gospel
- Una First Freewill Baptist Church
- Total Ministries
- Mobile Meals, Miracle Hill Ministries
- First Baptist Church Food Bank
- 2nd Presbyterian Soup Kitchen
- Divinity Care Facility
- Zion Hill Baptist Church
- Arch Shelter Youth Center
- New Pleasant Baptist Church
- Closet of Grace
- Church Builders Outreach
- Making a Difference Network-Riverside Baptist Church
- Making a Difference Network
- Nichols Store, Inc.
- Greater Spartanburg Ministries
- Helping Hands
- Saint Matthew's Episcopal Church
- Christian Faith Assembly, Healing Ground
- The Haven
- Seeds of Hope Ministry
- Restoration Church
- Montgomery Memorial United Methodist Church
- Church of God Food Bank
- Spartanburg Soup Kitchen
- New Victory Outreach Prison Ministries
- Family Resource Center of Boiling Springs
- Laurens Piedmont American Indian Association
- Open Door in Clinton
- Laurens Baptist Crisis Center
- Laurens County Safe Homes
- Upstate Homeless Coalition
- United Ministries
- Trinity Baptist Church
- Potter's House
- New life Baptist Church
- Jacobs Well Mission
- Union Food Bank
- The Pinckney Street Soup Kitchen
- Union County Council on Aging